Biker Babe
Thursdays are my days to work until 7:00 p.m. Just as I was getting off work (aka getting ready to walk across the big, scary, empty campus--or ride the bus--to get to my car) I got a phone call. Brady had called. He said that he was going to come and pick me up on a bike (i.e. mountain/road bike). "Okay," I said, then wondered how we would both ride a bike. Needless to say that he rode up on one of his bikes with another of his bikes strapped to his back. It was quite a sight, especially since it was his pink "glitter" Wal*mart bike. [He didn't bring my bike, which is a road bike so not worth the risk of carrying it on his back...not to mention we were goofing off, and I wouldn't have wanted to break my brand new bike.] So, Brady and I rode around campus for a while. He did all kinds of bike tricks, and I mostly watched. I tried a few, and he laughed a lot. In fact, we decided that my best trick was wearing a pink shirt that matched the "glitter" bike...which made me look like a hot babe (especially with the clashing red bike helmet). Oh, life is going so well...and I enjoy riding bikes.
Tomorrow is the big region bike race...Brady's last race on the collegiate level. I am going to be a volunteer for the race, and seeing how I don't know how to be a "field marshall" or a "time trials holder" I will just have to play my favorite game--pretend.
Tomorrow is the big region bike race...Brady's last race on the collegiate level. I am going to be a volunteer for the race, and seeing how I don't know how to be a "field marshall" or a "time trials holder" I will just have to play my favorite game--pretend.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home