Ha Ha Ha
I can't believe that April is almost over. I am on lock-down so I am mostly just doing homework (with a bit of sleeping and eating in between). But as I reflect on this past month, I realized that you all would laugh at some of the April Fools Day jokes that were played by me/on me. So, at the risk of being almost a month late, I am going to let you all in on a few jokes...
April Fools Day was on Conference Saturday. Brady came and picked me up at my house. We had breakfast with my roommate. Then we went and washed my car and his truck. Then we went to the Institute building where General Conference was being broadcast. Oh, by the way...I was wearing a ring on my left hand. We got there just in time. Brady's roommate had saved us seats on the couch right in front. I sat on his right side, and every now and then I scratched his back or whatnot. Needless to say, people noticed the ring. [How could they not, it was a huge Clair's $6 piece of glass?] Afterward they all wanted the story...and this is what Brady told everyone:
I went to her house, we had breakfast. Then we went for a walk and washed our cars. Then I played her favorite song. The one that starts "They read you Cinderella, you hoped it would come true That one day your Prince Charming would come, rescue you..." [which is my favorite song, but anyway...back to the story]. Then I got out one of her Cinderella picture books and I read it to her. At the end, instead of saying "and they lived happily ever after" I said, "and we lived happily ever after." Then Joella said, "Honey, that's not what it says" [does that sound like me? I still don't know...] And then I got down on my knee and said, "I want to live happily ever after with you, will you marry me?"
Man, everyone just about jumped out of their skin...which is pretty hard to do. To let everyone know it was a joke, Brady told people that because we haven't been dating that long, we were going to have a long engagement and get married on April Fool's Day. People got that it was a joke...and they sure laughed.
The second April Fools Joke was one my sister played on me. If you don't know, my oldest sister lives in Washington D.C. Our whole family got express letters delivered on April Fools Day [expect for me...mine was delivered by the US Post Office on Sunday...yeah, Sunday...weird]. Inside were graduation announcements...saying she was getting her Masters from George Washington University. Well, most everyone believed it at first [that is the type of thing she would do...get her Master's without letting anemone know]...then we remembered it was April Fools Day...and she had never told us about getting her Master's degree...let alone being enrolled in grad school. So my dad called her up and said all kinds of things about having bought a ticket to go out for graduation and everything. Everyone was just trying to make her think we all didn't know it was an April Fool's Day joke. Well, the funny thing is...that was the joke. She really did go to George Washington University and she really is graduating in May and she really is getting her Masters degree. The whole joke was that we wouldn't believe her, and she really did it. So, she went to school for the last two years and nobody even knew it. The joke was on us.
Anyway, hopefully you all liked the two stories. Now you know, and knowing is half the battle.
Peace all--
April Fools Day was on Conference Saturday. Brady came and picked me up at my house. We had breakfast with my roommate. Then we went and washed my car and his truck. Then we went to the Institute building where General Conference was being broadcast. Oh, by the way...I was wearing a ring on my left hand. We got there just in time. Brady's roommate had saved us seats on the couch right in front. I sat on his right side, and every now and then I scratched his back or whatnot. Needless to say, people noticed the ring. [How could they not, it was a huge Clair's $6 piece of glass?] Afterward they all wanted the story...and this is what Brady told everyone:
I went to her house, we had breakfast. Then we went for a walk and washed our cars. Then I played her favorite song. The one that starts "They read you Cinderella, you hoped it would come true That one day your Prince Charming would come, rescue you..." [which is my favorite song, but anyway...back to the story]. Then I got out one of her Cinderella picture books and I read it to her. At the end, instead of saying "and they lived happily ever after" I said, "and we lived happily ever after." Then Joella said, "Honey, that's not what it says" [does that sound like me? I still don't know...] And then I got down on my knee and said, "I want to live happily ever after with you, will you marry me?"
Man, everyone just about jumped out of their skin...which is pretty hard to do. To let everyone know it was a joke, Brady told people that because we haven't been dating that long, we were going to have a long engagement and get married on April Fool's Day. People got that it was a joke...and they sure laughed.
The second April Fools Joke was one my sister played on me. If you don't know, my oldest sister lives in Washington D.C. Our whole family got express letters delivered on April Fools Day [expect for me...mine was delivered by the US Post Office on Sunday...yeah, Sunday...weird]. Inside were graduation announcements...saying she was getting her Masters from George Washington University. Well, most everyone believed it at first [that is the type of thing she would do...get her Master's without letting anemone know]...then we remembered it was April Fools Day...and she had never told us about getting her Master's degree...let alone being enrolled in grad school. So my dad called her up and said all kinds of things about having bought a ticket to go out for graduation and everything. Everyone was just trying to make her think we all didn't know it was an April Fool's Day joke. Well, the funny thing is...that was the joke. She really did go to George Washington University and she really is graduating in May and she really is getting her Masters degree. The whole joke was that we wouldn't believe her, and she really did it. So, she went to school for the last two years and nobody even knew it. The joke was on us.
Anyway, hopefully you all liked the two stories. Now you know, and knowing is half the battle.
Peace all--

1 Comments:
That is hilarious!! I'm glad there was some April Foolin going on somewhere! I, thankfully, get birthday-girl pity and the joke is rarely on me. But I do enjoy hearing about them.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home