stories
I noticed that I haven't written a "Joella-Blog" for a while. Not only this, but I realized that I miss all the little stories that we used to share together. Remember when in High School we would walk into some random class and say, "Guess what!?" So, I decided that I would play the "Guess What Game." I am going to tell some strange detail that most likely would come out in a pre-class or dinner-table conversation. It begins like this...
Today there was a bug in my hair. I know, it seems somewhat odd...but believe me, I didn't invite the bluish-green Japanese Beetle to reside in my curly locks. But, I guess stranger things have happened. The said beetle flew into my hair while I was on my way to work this morning. My co-worker was able to get it out, so life moved on. The best part was that when I went and did a storytime later today, I told the kids about the beetle. The all started laughing and squirming...all in all they loved it. They just loved laughing at my small story, and I think they really liked the fact that I wasn't afraid to laugh with them at my "buggy-hair."
Needless to say, I didn't know that Japanese Beetles were a (dare I say it) storytime subject. Then again, most random incidents happen to be story-starters...if we just look for the story in them. Therefore, I challenge that all who read this blog think about the last 24-48 hours and write a "story-snippet" for the day, a "guess-what" conversation. That is what I really miss about hanging out with all of you...the fun stories we just randomly shared.
After all, I believe that everyone has a story, and is therefore has a storyteller's heart just waiting to crop up.
Today there was a bug in my hair. I know, it seems somewhat odd...but believe me, I didn't invite the bluish-green Japanese Beetle to reside in my curly locks. But, I guess stranger things have happened. The said beetle flew into my hair while I was on my way to work this morning. My co-worker was able to get it out, so life moved on. The best part was that when I went and did a storytime later today, I told the kids about the beetle. The all started laughing and squirming...all in all they loved it. They just loved laughing at my small story, and I think they really liked the fact that I wasn't afraid to laugh with them at my "buggy-hair."
Needless to say, I didn't know that Japanese Beetles were a (dare I say it) storytime subject. Then again, most random incidents happen to be story-starters...if we just look for the story in them. Therefore, I challenge that all who read this blog think about the last 24-48 hours and write a "story-snippet" for the day, a "guess-what" conversation. That is what I really miss about hanging out with all of you...the fun stories we just randomly shared.
After all, I believe that everyone has a story, and is therefore has a storyteller's heart just waiting to crop up.

3 Comments:
Okay, here's mine: Guess What! Last weekend I got to hang out with my companion from the mission Sister James. The thing that makes this so great is that she is a native of Pakistan and it took a series of miracles to get her here. It was something I was sure I wasn't going to do again in this life. And THEN, to make me more happy, I just got a call from my MTC companion (who I haven't seen or heard from in 2 1/2 years) and she is in town so I get to see her tonight, too. What a fabulous string of events!
Okay, so this happened almost a week ago. I was talking to a girl in the publishing program I was attending until last week, and we were talking about our different beliefs. She is "orthodox catholic" and has a lot of the same views that I do when it comes to moral standards, etc. Anyway, come to find out, a great, great (I don't know how many greats) grandfather of hers was James Strang. Wikipedia the guy if you're not familiar with the guy--he was an odd duck, and it's a good story in itself. Anyway, it was so interesting that it seems at least one of her ancestors was a member of our Church at one point. You come across many of those in New York City. As a seeker of truth, it will be interesting to keep in contact with her as the weeks and months go on.
I obviously need to read over my posts before I send them. I meant to say "You don't come across many of those in New York City." The compulsive editor says "thank you."
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home