Thanksgiving
***SEE UPDATE BELOW***
So. Thanksgiving is upon us. Wanna get together?
We have tentatively planned a gathering Wednesday night (November 21st) at the Bostwick Household at approximately 7 PM. This has not been confirmed with the lady of the house, but she loves us, so I'm comfortable with putting it out there. Jay, can you make sure this is okay? We could do it at my house as a backup plan. I don't know that even those of you who have been there remember where it is, but it is an option. If it happens I will email my address and directions out.
Discussion is still open on an activity, but mostly we just like to hang out and talk anyway, so why expend the extra energy to plan? Really it's because I am all planned out at the moment (we just planned activities for 2008 in my ward). A Heroes something game was suggested. I was assured that on a scale from 1 to 10 it was a zero in being like Gurps (that one game we all know and feel strongly about in some way), but really I don't believe that. BUT it did involve Spiderman and The Incredible Hulk, and those are characters I can point out in a line up, so I'm willing to give it a try.
That's it. Have a good short week, everybody! And I'll see you Wednesday...
***************************************************************
Okay, here's the skinny. 7 PM tonight at Bostwicks. If you need directions, call... somebody. I hesitate to post info on here just because it's available to everyone (and I mean everyone). And bring some sort of food to share. We will probably be just playing games (unless someone comes up with a brilliant plan) and talking. That's what we do best, after all!!
***************************************************************
So. Thanksgiving is upon us. Wanna get together?
We have tentatively planned a gathering Wednesday night (November 21st) at the Bostwick Household at approximately 7 PM. This has not been confirmed with the lady of the house, but she loves us, so I'm comfortable with putting it out there. Jay, can you make sure this is okay? We could do it at my house as a backup plan. I don't know that even those of you who have been there remember where it is, but it is an option. If it happens I will email my address and directions out.
Discussion is still open on an activity, but mostly we just like to hang out and talk anyway, so why expend the extra energy to plan? Really it's because I am all planned out at the moment (we just planned activities for 2008 in my ward). A Heroes something game was suggested. I was assured that on a scale from 1 to 10 it was a zero in being like Gurps (that one game we all know and feel strongly about in some way), but really I don't believe that. BUT it did involve Spiderman and The Incredible Hulk, and those are characters I can point out in a line up, so I'm willing to give it a try.
That's it. Have a good short week, everybody! And I'll see you Wednesday...
***************************************************************
Okay, here's the skinny. 7 PM tonight at Bostwicks. If you need directions, call... somebody. I hesitate to post info on here just because it's available to everyone (and I mean everyone). And bring some sort of food to share. We will probably be just playing games (unless someone comes up with a brilliant plan) and talking. That's what we do best, after all!!
***************************************************************

4 Comments:
It all sounds like a barrel of laughs. I'll have to see how the week plays out. See my reasonings on Caron's blog. I hope it works out, though. It's been a while since I've seen most of you.
I have to be in Idaho Falls. I don't think my wife would be too happy if I took off and celebrated Thanksgiving in Utah, since we promised her parents we'd celebrate it with them...
I might be around on Friday/Saturday, but that's still tentative.
Maybe we can plan something right after Christmas...
I'll miss you guys.
Man! You will all totally have to take pictures and let me know how it goes! Miss you!
So we didn't take any pictures, sorry! But it was good times anyway.
Joella and Tim, give us some dates you are free and around here when you know them so we can see if we can pull something together to see everyone. I guess everyone else can do that, too, since we all have busy lives, but I figured the out of towners would be given priority since they need to be in town and all...
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home