Sweedish Fish

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Joella Loves Reading


Hello Everyone!

So I thought I would actually post a picture. This was a picture taken at the American Library Association annual conference in New Orleans this past summer. It basically shows what my life is like these days...READing.

It seems like I read all the time. I have three classes, a review job, a job at the Center for Children's Books, and I read for the Bulletin of the Center for Children's Books Blue Ribbons committee. Yikes, that's a lot of reading!

But other than that things are going well. I enjoy what I do. Tonight my homework readings were on how to make summer reading programs great at your public library. I mean, how cool is that?

As for life in general other than that, things are going well. I am the Activities Committee Co-Chair in my ward. That is a little crazy, seeing how we have activities every couple of weeks. Next week we are going camping in Nauvoo. That should be fun. It is co-sponsored by the Temple Committee, so we will get to go to the Nauvoo Temple as well. I love that place!

Anyway, I hope that you all have a wonderful day! Love you and miss you!

4 Comments:

Blogger caron said...

Joella! A voice from the past! It's good to hear your life is full of such a good thing. I wish that I had more time to read. I usually spend my sleeping time in books I can't put down.
So, what is your holiday schedule like? When will you be around the homefront?

4:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How is Princess Academy, by the way?

8:39 PM  
Blogger Joella said...

to answer all questions:

I will come home for the holidays on Thursday, December 21st. I fly back to Illinois on Sunday, January 7th. Hopefully we will all be able to have a "get-together" sometime while I am there.

Princess Academy is amazing! (That was actually the second copy I bought--and it is signed and Shannon Hale thinks that "we should be friends!") Love it. Power to the princesses! :)

4:41 PM  
Blogger Mauri said...

Okay, I realize this is a late comment to a post made quite a while ago. Let me just say, I love it that you're holding Princess Academy! I love that book! Shannon Hale's a great writer. Just a plug for her--her other books are great too. I'm also in love with Goose Girl. Anyway, that's all I have to say. :)

10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home