Sweedish Fish

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

GONG XI FA CHI


This is my official Pre- Chinese New Year Post.
Chinese New Year is on February 18th this year. It will be the year of the PIG.
Unless Anyone has any weekend-after-valentines-day plans, I think we should have our celebration on the 16th/17th weekend. Any takers? Because, really, any chance to parade a paper-mache pig-dragon around on the BYU campus and eat chinese food (with special ephasis on the PORK menu items) needs to be taken advantage of.


I also have announcement to make. Ahem. I have 15 days until I go on my cruise! Good bye grey winter stuff, hello white sand beaches! I will be sure to think of you guys while I am re-applying sunscreen every 2 hours.

12 Comments:

Blogger Tim said...

Sounds good. There's an actual chance that I'll have Valentine's Day Plans this year (first time ever...) but I'm sure I could fit them around the all-important Chinese New Year. Any ideas for details on the dragon?
By the way, guys (or girls) I'm always looking for someone to double with (haven't been on a double date for a long time). If you're interested, let me know.

1:05 PM  
Blogger caron said...

I believe tusks will be involved, if I am not mistaken... My question is, do we have a place to work on it? I don't have nearly the resources the Bostwick household has, but if we could get the head to my house we can use my garage if anyone is interested. Have the hula hoops been located?

Is anyone opposed to a curly tail that perhaps connects to a head piece? It will be loads more successful than the dog tail, I hope. I'm still working on how to execute my plan. I just think people got tired of juggling that big tail on the PVC pipe and the sheet, so I'm trying to explore various ways of attaching the appropriate tail to the caboose. I'm not sure how this contributes to making the world a better place, but it's sure fun.

Do they sell pink spray paint?

1:49 PM  
Blogger Tim said...

If tusks are involved, maybe we should make it look more like a wild pig (more grey than pink, with hair). Or maybe not. It would be fun to do a fierce-looking dragon for once, and tusks can definitely do that.

1:50 PM  
Blogger caron said...

I think we need to take any creative color liberties that we can. This is a dragon that resembles a pig, after all. The chinese way is to use a lot of red. (Right, Anne?) But it doesn't have to be pink, I was just asking. :) I am in favor of the hair idea. It could be like the feathers... or we could bring back the soul patch.

10:08 AM  
Blogger Tim said...

So, any planned date yet for our celebration? Mid-February's looking real busy right now ;) Just want to make sure I don't schedule something else that night.

2:19 PM  
Blogger Mauri said...

I think you should incorporate the number 8 somehow into the celebration. Many Asian countries see 8 as lucky and as a good number. Don't ask how I know that.

7:43 PM  
Blogger caron said...

Maybe we can have eight people as the tail of the dragon... Excellent (Burn's hands)

6:09 PM  
Blogger Tim said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:03 AM  
Blogger Tim said...

So, uhhh...
Coming up quick. A week and a half. When are we making the thing? I've got to admit that I'm going to be busy before then, but I probably have a little bit of time I can spare to help out, as long as I know how things stand in advance...

11:05 AM  
Blogger caron said...

I don't know what's going on with the science fiction doo wop going on that weekend, your roomate knows more.

5:37 AM  
Blogger Tim said...

Hmmm...Both sound fun, but for Saturday night, I think the Chinese New year should be the first priority.

10:59 AM  
Blogger Joella said...

I totally want you all to take pictures and put them up! The pig/dragon sounds too cool for words!

9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home